Let’s get straight to it…the recipe. If you want pics, see below!
Makes 4 servings.
Takes 30 minutes. Legit, that’s all. Even prep time. Since you chop stuff while other stuff cooks. It’s magical.
- 1 lb ground pork sausage (I use breakfast sausage since it’s got good flavors in it)
- 2 bags (16oz each) coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 4-8 minced garlic cloves (8 for me…depends on how much you like garlic!)
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Pick your big skillet. I used a wok. Needs to have a wide base and tall sides.
- Brown the sausage over medium heat. Break it up so it crumbles as it cooks.
- Don’t drain it!
- Add the bags of coleslaw mix, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce to the skillet.
- Cook until it’s soft and it’s cooked down, which was like about 10-15 mins for me…depends on how hot your stove is, I guess?
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle on the green onions.
- Drizzle with sesame oil.
- Stir it up!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a comment below!
I first had this deliciousness at my Fun Aunt Rachael’s house when I was visiting her years ago….and I loved it! She shared the recipe with me and it was so fast and easy that I now make it every few months – I hope you do, too! Original recipe from Buns in my Oven. I added more of some things and like it both ways….but I make it my way!
Why are they called Naked Egg Rolls? Well, that’s cuz it’s just the stuff from the inside of the egg roll…an egg roll without the wrapping! So I guess you could also call it Egg Roll Guts? Well, here’s some pics of the process…
I start by browning the sausage….
While that happens, I cut up the garlic and ginger in my handy dandy chopper! I also measure the soy sauce.
Then I pour in all of that in with the cabbage and carrots! I find that the Kroger brand of coleslaw mix has more carrots than the Dole brand does…yay! Plus, it’s cheaper!
Then I cut up the onion and measure the sesame oil.
Once it’s done cooking, I mix it all together and YUMMMMMM
Join my shopping group on Facebook at www.shopwithchloe.com!
Shop LuLaRoe 24/7 at www.colorfulchloe.com!