This is me and my friend Gino.
Gino is one of the best guys I know. He is an accomplished artist, he is unyieldingly patient, he is a dedicated friend, and he is jubilantly kind. Though he may tell you otherwise.
So, for Gino’s birthday, I made him Pokeball cupcakes…because he likes Pokemon!
Here are 3 Pokeballs…
And here are 4 of my Pokeball cupcakes…how did I do?
Here’s how to make your own Pokeball cupcakes….gotta catch ’em all!
Here’s what you will do…
1. Bake your cupcakes. Let them cool.
2. Work on one cupcake at a time, because the icing will harden as you go, and you need it wet for the sprinkles to go on.
3. Frost 1 cupcake and put a Mentos in the middle.
No need for fancy tips and special tools when frosting this cupcake…just smooth it on with a knife, the back of a spoon, or a spatula. Don’t even worry about getting it smooth. As you can tell, I wasn’t too picky about that, and I think they turned out just fine.
4. Put the red sugar sprinkles into a bowl.
5. Dip half of the cupcake into the sugar sprinkles.
Don’t worry if some red sprinkles get on the white side. It happened to plenty of mine, and they still turned out great. But I guess if you ARE worried about that, then you can just get a toothpick and pick them off. But Gino didn’t care, he was just excited to have his very own Pokeball cupcakes. I’m sure your friend will also not care if there are a few stray sprinkles. It will still look and taste great!