Sometimes you just need to feel good about yourself.
A couple of times today, that happened to me.
1. I am the BYU ASL Club President, so I was going around to some ASL classes making an announcement about our club meetings. The first class I went to was a level 1 class, and when I got there they weren’t in the classroom…they were in the hallway! So I got on the stairs nearby and got the teacher’s attention….and she told me to just do the announcement from the stairs. I did my thing, and then she told me to stay, told me my outfit was really fun, came and stood next to me on the steps, and then proceeded to have her whole class describe my outfit. You see, describing people is something they were learning, and here I was…in a very colorful outfit, and apparently I was the perfect candidate. So I stood there for like 5 minutes as they described every detail on my outfit, down to the buckle on my hat. I did protest a bit when they said my hair is brown…I still call it blonde…but today I think I learned that yes, it has been a few years since my hair has been blonde…it’s gotten darker as I’ve gotten older…and I need to learn to accept that my hair is now brown. Oh well. Anyways, I felt pretty awesome when that teacher made me into a class assignment 🙂
Yes, I still have boxes to unpack from moving…and like that crayon art on my wall? Click here to see how to make it!
2. I went to Costco to get gas today, and as I was getting in my car to drive off, the random guy next to me said “Hey, cool shoes.”
3. I went to Walmart tonight, and the lady at the Xfinity booth said “I like your shoes!” (I love complimenting strangers…my friend Mauri and I are VERY practiced in this…so I love it when strangers compliment me!)
4. Today I made a goal to be more social….specifically, take time to talk to a friend at least twice a week. Yes, that’s my goal…pathetic, I know. But I’m so busy I have to schedule everything, so that’s how it is. Then, not even 2 hours after I made that goal, I saw 3 people I know while I was at Walmart! Destiny, Liz, and Liz! I chatted with Destiny for a few minutes, then she was like “I’ll let you go, I know you’re busy.” And then when I ran into her again (good thing I didn’t actually RUN INTO her…that’d be unfortunate), I was thinking “OK, Chloe…your goal…chat more!” And I’m so glad I did.
So, friends, if you see me, make me talk to you. Seriously.
So remember when I said earlier that sometimes you just need to feel good about yourself? In a nutshell, here’s what did it for me today:
1. Spontaneously becoming a class assignment.
2. A compliment from a stranger.
3. A compliment from a stranger.
4. Working to achieve my goal and catching up with a friend.