Ya wanna know how to make ’em? Here’s what you’ll need:
For each HAMBURGER cupcake, you will need:
-1 Grasshopper cookie
-2 Nilla Wafers
-Orange juice concentrate
-green food coloring
-red food coloring
-yellow food coloring
-1 green gumdrop
For each HOTDOG cupcake, you will need:
-1 circus peanut
-1 caramel square candy
-yellow food coloring
-Green food coloring
Here’s how to make the HAMBURGER cupcakes…
1. Dye about 1/2 cup of icing yellow…yellow enough to look like mustard
2. Dye about 1/2 cup shredded coconut green…green enough to look like lettuce
3. Slice the green gumdrop into slivers to be the pickles
4. Dye about 1/2 cup icing red…red enough to look like mustard
5. Frost your cupcakes with this delicious icing…https://byuflamingo.wordpress.com/2012/05/06/buttercream-icing/ (at this point you would sprinkle some sprinkles on top of you would like…I simply forgot!)
6. Put a Nilla wafer on upside-down. This will be your bottom bun.
7. Pipe yellow icing onto the outline to look like mustard.
8. Place the Grasshopper cookie on for the meat patty.
9. Pipe yellow icing on to stick on the pickles (gumdrop slices) and lettuce (green shredded coconut).
10. Get a Nilla wafer…use your finger to spread orange juice concentrate on top of it. That makes it sticky so the sesame seeds will stick to it.
11. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of the Nilla wafer. This is your top bun.
12. Place your bun on top
13. Share with your friends and family!
Here’s how to make the HOTDOG cupcakes…
1. Make a slit in the circus peanut. Not all the way through. Just so it can open like a hotdog bun.
2.Heat up the caramels for a few seconds until they are soft enough to mold into a hotdog.
3. Put the hotdog inside the hotdog bun
4. Pipe some yellow icing on top for mustard
5. Chop up some of the green shredded coconut so it looks like relish
6. Sprinkle some of the relish on top of the hotdog.
7. Ice the cupcake
8. Sprinkle with some colorful sprinkles if you wish
9. Put the hotdog on top!
10. Share with your friends and family!
I had so much fun making these cupcakes with my dear roommate Jessica!
Here are a few more pictures of the process and the result! Happy cupcaking!