I needed strawberry jam for a recipe, so I decided to make it because I had a lot of strawberries!
I’ve never made jam before, so I looked online for a recipe, and found this one: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Strawberry-Jam/Detail.aspx
Here’s how to make it!
2 pounds fresh strawberries
4 cups white sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
Here’s what to do:
1. Crush up the strawberries. I used my blender and pureed them! It smelled so good!!!!!
2. In a large put, mix together the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice.
3. Stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Increase heat to high, and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil. This made the whole apartment smell amazing!
5. Now, here’s where I strayed from the original recipe. It said “Boil, stirring often, until the mixture reaches 220 degrees F (105 degrees C).”
But…I don’t have a food thermometer…so I just let it boil until I decided it was done…it was probably about 25 minutes? I honestly don’t remember.
6. Transfer it to glass jars (I used a funnel), put the lid on, and refrigerate! It will gel up as it gets cold in the fridge!
That’s how much it makes! Like my recycled Tostitos jar?
Well the next day I got it out and used it for my Spaghetti and Meatballs Cupcakes….so good (the jam and the cupcakes)!!!