Look at my most recent creation!
Props to my roommate Jessica McKay for that picture! Her camera is so much better than mine!
I got the idea from here.
If you want to make them, here’s how…
1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
3 drops yellow food coloring
24 (or less) hazelnut chocolates (Ferrero Rocher), unwrapped (or you can use chocolate-covered donut holes)
White chocolate bar (to shred)
Here is what to do:
1. Make the cupcakes
2. Tint the frosting with the cocoa powder and yellow food coloring.
I was honestly surprised to see it turn from white into a spaghetti-colored concoction! Cool!
3. Apply a THIN layer of icing to the cupcakes.
See that little pink spatula? I love it!!!! I call it my “magic pink spatula” and it’s what I use to ice cupcakes! I love it!
4. Arrange the cupcakes on a platter
I am a poor college student and don’t have a platter, so I used an old baking sheet and a flamingo plate I have
Make sure they are close together!!!
5. Put the rest of the icing in to a Ziplock bag. I used a sandwich size and put about half of what was left.
6. Snip a SMALL hole in the bottom of the bag.
7. Pipe the icing all over the cupcakes to make the noodles!!!
I was scared that I wouldn’t have enough icing….but it turns out I had way more than enough!! So don’t be stingy! But if you are worried, put some on every cupcake, then go back and fill in the gaps!
After I had done about 2 cupcakes, my bag exploded….I was able to pick up the explosion and move it over to the icing bowl…luckily.
I decided that I needed a stronger bag AND thinner icing
So I got a Hefty bag (quart size) and I added milk to the icing. I didn’t measure the milk, but I added about this much….3 times…just until I felt like it was good when I stirred it.
After I did this, it worked beautifully! It came out much faster and easier.
Look how cool they look! I was so excited as I did all of this! I couldn’t stop smiling! I love when something works out with my cupcakes!
Make sure some of the noodles hang off the edges!
8. Get out the chocolates!
I unwrapped them this morning, put them in a plastic bag, and put them in the fridge until I was ready to use them.
9. Drop it into the strawberry jam!
10. Using a spoon, cover it in jam and then take out the chocolate.
11. Put it onto a cupcake, and let the “sauce” drip around the cupcake!
12. Do this with the rest of your chocolates, spreading them out throughout the cupcakes if you don’t have enough to cover all the cupcakes.
13. Put some “suace” on the cupcakes that don’t have a “meatball”…also, put any extra “sauce” where you see fit!
14. Get out the white chocolate bar and the cheese grater
I already had this Almond Bark bar, so I just broke off 1 of the squares and used it. I only used a little bit! Seriously a tiny bit!
15. Shred the white chocolate (parmesan cheese) onto the spaghetti and meatballs!
My wonderful roommate Jessica came and took pictures of them…and her pictures are so much better than mine…so here they are!
Thanks again for the pictures, Jessica!
Jessica said the cook needed a picture! I think this is my first picture with any of my cupcake creations! Thanks Jess!