I don’t know who Betty is…that’s what this recipe was called when I found it…..but her lemon chicken is quite delicious!
You will need:
1/3 cup flour, seasoned with paprika, salt, and pepper
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 cup chicken broth
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 Tablespoons butter
Here’s what you will do:
- Preheat oven to 375º F
- Dust the chicken with the seasoned flour.
- Put butter in frying pan and brown the chicken.
- Leave the frying pan on the stove with all the chicken juice and stuff in there!!!!
- Arrange the chicken in a greased casserole dish.
- Grate the peel of one lemon, then juice it; set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with brown sugar.
- Sprinkle lemon peel over chicken.
- Slice second lemon thinly and arrange over chicken.
- Pour on reserved lemon juice.
- Pour chicken broth into skillet with pan drippings.
- Pour over the casserole.
- Cook for about 50 minutes.
Great when served over wild rice or black rice or quinoa…and try a vegetable as a side dish =)
I like it with steamed broccoli, salted and drizzled with lemon juice.
Here’s the chicken browned, in the casserole dish, with the brown sugar and grated lemon peel on top…
Juice that lemon…
Slice that other lemon…
Mix that broth into that pan…
Pour it all in…
Cut it up and eat it!